Friday, July 20, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme Award


The Lucky 7 Meme Award Rules are as such:
1. Go to the 7th or 77th page of your work in progress.
2. Go to the 7th line of the page.
3. Copy the next 7 sentences or paragraphs. Remember, they must be as they are typed.
4. Tag 7 authors.
5. Let them know they’re it!

Ok so this is like ratcheting up the lift hill on a roller coaster, because this is a NEW sekrit project.  Only not so sekrit now because I just told you all.  Well anyway, it's tentatively entitled:

The Nightingale
The Unseelie Court is in search of a new Nightingale, and the Queen has her sights set on  musician, Artemis (last name TBD). Her life thrown off kilter and a faery named The Rover on her tail, Artemis might find the only way to escape is to be captured in the first place. (You can see all the images I've collected for this story here)

Now as they say on NPR "the rest of the story" or at least seven sentences from the 7th page starting at the 7th line:

             She winds the car through the passes and lanes.  Dad used to tell people our was was easy to find, you went to the middle of nowhere and turned left. Aunt's new to the middle of nowhere and her diving makes me want to tell her to pull over I'll drive. Only summer residents and tourists drive the speed limit.
            But I let her drive and I stare out the window. Trees and underbrush whip past at the speed of light, blurring into a muddy landscape of snow and brown.  A dash of red pops out and has me sitting up.

And that's all you get folks!  Sorry it was mostly dialogue, but that's the way it goes sometimes.   Now on to the tagging!

This may seem haphazard because I'm not sure I know seven people to tag....sooooooooo I can't tag 7 people so feel free to volunteer for tags and I shall come read your stuff!

1. Emily Hendricks
2. Dana Elmendorf
will you be the first to claim a spot? (Please?)

No comments:

Post a Comment